Yes, that’s right. 2010. It’s too late now for 2009, but you could start taking pictures now to produce a gift calendar for next Christmas. What do you have to do? Take a themed picture each month of all the kids, assemble them next October into a calendar, get them printed, and give them as gifts!
Starting with October, here are some month-by-month tips to get great themed pictures of the kids for your fabulous calendar next year.
- dress in overalls, photo in pumpkin patch, cornfield, hay bales
- halloween costumes, trick or treat bags, candlelight
- dress in aprons and chef hats, action photo of them cooking in the kitchen
- Pilgrims or Native Americans, Thanksgiving props – harvest corn, cornucopia
- dress in coordinating pajamas in front of the Christmas tree
- Family Christmas card photo
- matching scarves and singing carols
- dress in winter clothes in the snow, skiing, or ice skating
- New Year’s scene with party hats and horns
- dress in blue jeans with red and white tops, photo on your sofa
- cardmaking action photo
- dress in gardening gear, photo of kids planting seeds in the dirt
- St. Patrick’s Day theme, green clothes, shamrocks, etc.
- dress in Easter clothes, photo in front of Easter lilies or baskets
- rainy day theme with raincoats, boots and umbrellas, or splashing in puddles
- dress in shorts and t-shirts, photo of kids playing in new grass
- planting flowers, gardening, school’s out theme
- Memorial Day theme, photo with relative/family friend in the armed forces
- dress in play clothes, photo of kids posing with bikes
- beach scene, swimsuits
- vacation photos, roadtrip theme
- dress in red, white, and blue, photo with American flag or other patriotic symbol
- picnic theme
- historical landmark theme
- dress in back-to-school clothes, photo with backpacks and lunchboxes, holding an apple for the teacher
- park theme with photo on the slide or swings, or all the kids hanging from monkeybars
- dress in favorite football team fan gear, photo at a game or with a football and/or pompoms
If you wanted to, you could certainly go back through your photos from last year, or have a crazy photo session and dress up for each on of these photos for a 2009 calendar. It’s a good time to plan ahead, though, and decide if this is something you’d like to do for next year. If it is, mark these photo days on your calendar now!