Collecting Christmas tree ornaments is a fun hobby that anyone can manage. Our family collects ornaments from family vacations. We have a lot of Disney ornaments, in particular. Do you collect ornaments, and if you do, do you have a theme? Here’s a list of some interesting themes if you want to start collecting.
- Disney – anything Mickey-related
- Family Vacations
- Homemade – knitting, crocheting, tatting, cross-stitch, carved, painted
- Super Heroes – logos, colors, miniatures
- Lego – a variation on homemade ornaments
- Music – instruments, symbols
- Heritage – Irish, German, Russian, Norwegian, etc.
- Nature – pinecones, cranberries, feather ornaments, birds
- Collectibles – Waterford, Swarovski, Kinkade, Lenox, etc.
- Kids – paper chains, dough ornaments, etc.
- Collegiate – if you want a Crimson Tide tree, here’s your chance
- Color theme – specific color palette
- Style theme – Victorian, ’50s, Country, Modern
- Photo theme – frame ornaments
- Children’s books – mini-books, characters, decoupage balls
There are certainly many more Christmas tree themes out there. If yours isn’t on this list, post it in a comment! We all love to hear new ideas! Ornaments make great Christmas gifts, too!