Inexpensive projects to do with kids can also make great gifts! Here are some ideas:
- An unfinished wood item (initial, birdhouse, stepstool, etc.) with set of acrylic paints and brushes
- Knitting needles or crochet hook with yarn and a free scarf pattern or knitting instructions
- Bracelet Beading supplies
- Stamping set
- Scrapbooking materials or creativity book
- Crafting kits of all kinds from JoAnn’s or Borders (lots of these are very inexpensive!)
- Sewing notions, fabric, easy pattern
Even better than all of the stuff, would be a bonus of a lesson or crafting time with the child. All kids love attention and one-on-one time with their favorite adults. If you paint, sew, knit, crochet, scrapbook, bead, or any other crafty thing, make up an invitation to spend some crafting time with you! They will love it!
A more technical version of this gift would be a radio building kit or other electronics project! Geeky fun!
Beautiful photo courtesy of James Jordan.