Whether this is a gift idea for a kid who loves to be in the kitchen or if you plan to incorporate your junior chefs in the holiday baking and cooking, here is a selection of top cookbooks to delight the kid chef in your life!
Inspiration resides in the kitchen for eleven-year-old Jack Witherspoon. And for good reason. When Jack was going through incredibly tough times battling leukemia for the second time he sought solace in the Food Network and decided his dream was to become a chef. Before long, Jack was creating his own recipes, cooking for cancer fundraisers, and even coining his own culinary catchphrase ( Twist it up! ) to characterize his individual spin on comfort food favorites like French toast, pesto pizza, shepherd’s pie, meat loaf, cupcakes, and more. Clear, step-by-step instructions and sumptuous photographs will encourage cooks of all ages to whip up delicious recipes and make mouthwatering memories in the kitchen.
Written and designed to appeal to kids ages 5 to 12, this all-new edition of the Better Homes and Gardens New Junior CookBook features 65 brand-new recipes that are simple to make and a blast to eat. Each recipe includes a photo of the dish and unique and lively illustrations of characters that tell a story to complement the dish.
All the recipes here are easy-to-follow and packed with helpful hints and fun ways for kids to put their own spin on them. With lots of easy-to-understand nutrition information, it’s a great way to teach kids about healthy eating while getting them interested in cooking.
- 65 recipes include hearty breakfasts, lunches, and dinners as well as healthy snacks and treats
- Fun, engaging, full-color illustrations bring each recipe to life and grab kids’ attention
- Special features cover cooking basics, kitchen safety, menu planning, basic nutrition information, and guidance on reading and understanding food labels
Teach your kids how to eat right and help out in the kitchen with the Better Homes and Gardens New Junior CookBook. It’s the perfect way to make it rewarding for the whole family.
Packed with more than 60 yummy recipes for easy-to-make treats, from crepes and cookies to fish tacos and nachos, Williams-Sonoma Cooking for Kids makes cooking loads of fun! This book features gorgeous photography and colorful illustrations in a fun, uncomplicated book that kids and parents are sure to love. Kids will love dishes like cinnamon-swirl French toast for breakfast, or granola bars for after-school snacks. Lots of colorful illustrations and fun facts ensure they will have a blast whipping up their own creations in the kitchen. Delicious and simple, the recipes inspire creativity while teaching the basics of healthy eating and giving kids skills they can use throughout their lives.
- Our Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set is a superb collection of flawless kitchen knives for young ones to engage beginning cooking
- Set includes 1 small, 1 medium, and 1 large nylon knife all with serrated cutting edges, blunt tips; ergonomic handles; and soft touch button grips
- Appropriate for young gastronomic apprentices ages 5 and up | Dishwasher safe
- Rigorously tested and conformed to protection requirements of ASTM F963 and CPSIA lead and phthalate limits – and is also BPA free. YAY!
- Curious Chef is the first complete line of actual cooking tools designed specifically for kids to encourage culinary learning, bonding, and confidence
- Set includes 1 small, 1 medium and 1 large nylon knife
- Knives feature serrated cutting edge with blunt tip; ergonomic handle for small hands; soft touch button grips
- Dishwasher safe
- Appropriate for children ages 5+
- Conforms to safety requirements of ASTM F963 and CPSIA lead and phthalate limits; BPA free